In today’s lesson we had a discussion on the most valuable brands, according to the Marketing consultancy company Interbrand. We had the chance to practice listening (gist, comprehension), grammar (reformulation of the text and grammarising the summary), finding and understading vocabulary connected to the tapescript. As homework I asked you to rewrite the text using the chunks we have learned and some information from the original article. I’m sure some of you might have found the lesson a little bit difficult and that’s the reason why I’ve decided to upload some material connected to what we learnt this afternoon. Here’s a list of some resources you can listen to, read, and practice as homework.
* Interbrand list of the 100 best global brands
* BrandZ top 100 ranking of the most valuable brands in the world
* Transworldnews article: The Coca-Cola Company Will Host a Conference Call to Discuss Financial Results
* BBC Learning English – Words in the News – Listening (With audio and tapescript)
* BCC News – Google Brand “on the rise”
* Top Brand values fall in recession (BBC Video)
Finally, a video with two business analysts discussing the ingredients Interbrand take into account when ranking the world’s most valuable brands among other things. Take a look.
Well, after a long and deserved break I decided it was about time I resumed production on this blog again. I mean, it was a six-month hiatus where I was able to focus on other projects I had in mind but my students were pestering me to get the blog working again and I kind of missed the blogosphere. So if you liked following this blog I’m sure you’ll enjoy it even more now because I intend to stop procrastinating and get down to work. I realized that If I still wanted this blog I’d better update it more frequently. When I mean frequently I mean at least once a week – if possible!
Take full advantage of this space because it is all yours!